Senior Water Engineer II
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the vacant post within the Authority’s establishment.
SENIOR WATER ENGINEER II (2 POST):
Company: Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA)
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Engineering Jobs
Appointing Authority: Management Appointing Committee.
Reports To: Project Coordinator.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Water Resources Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer.
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education / Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA). Should have at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience.
Employment Terms: Unspecified Period Contract
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out technical, economic, social and financial appraisal of proposed projects and makes recommendations.
- To monitor the performance of Contractors
- To participate in reviewing tender documents and contract forms.
- To coordinate construction of water supply networks
- To coordinate preparation of progress reports on contracts awarded.
- To collect, analyze, carry out systems design and prepare procedures for urban water supply network.
- To carry out technical, economic, social and financial appraisal of proposed projects.
- To establish technical and economic guidelines for the development of water supply network.
- To carryout studies to establish demand for water service
- To review submitted designs, tender documents and contract forms and advise accordingly.
- To prepare project proposal.
- Implement safety awareness program in accordance with preparation for construction and maintenance.
- Attend site meeting and coordinate consultants and contractors activities.
- Review progress and compliance reports on standards of quality and contract terms and conditions and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Investigate causes of failure for constructed works / workmanship failure.
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Project Coordinator
The above vacancy carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and AUWSA’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and not more than 40 years of age.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The CV must incorporate all contact: telephone numbers, mobile, postal address, e-mail and physical address.
- Only Certificate of Secondary Education (CSSE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE) from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) are accepted, result slips are strictly not accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examination Bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
- Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
- In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits: Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly. Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 1st July, 2019 16:30 HRS. AUWSA is an equal opportunity employer women with the required qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
P.O.BOX 13600, ARUSHA
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981 | Fax: 254 7163
E-Mail: email@example.com | Website: www.auwsa.go.tz