At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named Tohara Plus Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in the Finance Officer Position for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. The position will be based in Kagera.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Finance Officer for the CDC-funded Tohara Plus Project in Kagera works closely with the Senior Finance Officer to manage the IntraHealth/Tohara Plus Project finance including project budgeting, financial monitoring and periodic financial reporting. S/he ensures that all the financial activities are carried out in compliance with US, IntraHealth policies and Tanzanian government laws and regulations.
- Daily update and posting of accounting transactions in the existing accounting software.
- Verification of completeness and accuracy of various accounts transactions.
- Timely preparation of payments to vendors and related third parties with the relevant approvals from Program Manager.
- Monitoring of project travel advances and their reimbursements.
- Proper management of staff advances accounts.
- Provide adequate management of petty cash.
- Responsible for collection of money owed to the project by any debtors.
- With the Finance Manager, develop and coordinate the budgeting process for the Tohara Plus Project.
- Budget control and management: monthly analysis of project expenditures to determine the project’s burn rate.
- Monitor the financial holding requirements of the Tohara Plus Project to ensure adequate availability of cash to meet the programmed obligations and commitments.
- Monitor internal control systems at the project office.
- Help interpret the Financial Policies and Procedures manual for field office staff.
- Advice management on timely foreign to local currency transfers.
- Follow up on bank transactions.
- Ensure proper filing of accounts/finance documents.
- Prepare monthly financial reports in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Accountancy/Financial Management or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy
- Minimum of 3 years of experience for BA Degree or 5 years of experience for Diploma working in financial management, Administration and Human Resources;
- Certification with local accounting professional board;
- Extensive knowledge of USG regulations and Tanzanian laws and regulations;
- Experience working with donor funded international organizations and donors in Tanzania;
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems;
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review budgets;
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, and the ability to interact with a variety of technical, clinical and other specialists;
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and proficiency using online financial systems and databases; experience with an international auditing firm a plus;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Summary of Benefits:
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.