Position: Project Manager, Enterprise System Implementation
Country: Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia
The assignment is for the duration of the MGIC system’s upgrade project. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines and/or to communicate with the software provider.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of system needs, including the prioritization of specifications and the management of changing priorities.
• Ensure that relevant systems, tools, and procedures are used to create and implement an overall project plan, which will be developed for effective assessment, project implementation and documentation, as well as tracking and reporting of activities for the system(s) upgrade.
• Ensure the effective transition of current financial and HR data into the new system without loss of data.
• Monitor the objectives and ensure that the project meets internal set criteria and standards in a timely fashion, including the oversight of software implementation partner’s deliverables.
• Serve as the primary point of contact to maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with all project stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate key project status and other communications with various groups of staff to support the change management process.
• Collaborate with the international operations and technical management teams on the determination of processes and procedures that may require updates before or after software implementation.
• Development of a training work plan and materials, in conjunction with the software developer, to train staff across MGIC operational areas on the relevant software modules.
• Create an manage an integration team, to ensure that not only will the modules function to user needs in and of themselves, but also that they will integrate well together with all of the aforementioned areas.
• Establish an issue escalation management process that encompasses the identification, communication, mitigation, and response of project any issue(s).
• Organize and facilitate meetings/workshops/training sessions to help increase understanding of the new system(s) across MGIC country offices, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, or other related fields; advanced degree in an applicable field preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in project management.
• Experience managing system implementation projects, especially for Finance and HR departments in a multinational environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain partnerships/relationships with multinational stakeholders.
• Proven knowledge and prior experience with MGIC processes or US government rules and regulations preferred.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; proven diplomatic and public relation skills.
• Prior experience in implementing system upgrades.
• Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
How to apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or Adobe PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org on June 21, 2019. Please identify the location for which you are applying in the subject line. Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location s/he has designated in the application. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. Applications will be considered as received. No phone calls, please.