Job Title: Zonal Manager
Location: Tabora, Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in a Zonal Manager position – Tabora for USAID Tulonge Afya Project. The project seeks to improve health status, especially of women and youth, through the promotion of positive health practices in households and communities.
Leading the implementation of Tulonge Afya activities in the Zonal area under the technical direction of the Senior Zonal Manager. Responsible for regions and enhanced districts within their respective Zone and for coordination and joint-planning with Government, local NGO partners, community organizations, USAID, and others to achieve successful implementation of the project.
- Managing Tulonge Afya program and maintains cross-functional project timelines in partnership with FHI 360 team and collaborating agencies
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationship with collaborating agencies
- Partnering with collaborating agencies to troubleshoot site specific operational issuesDrafting and coordinating review of relevant documents including work plans, progress reports, and site visit reports▪Identifying and resolving project issues and implementing improvement plans to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget
- Acquiring and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the project and assists other project staff in obtaining this knowledge▪Assisting in determining the activities to support the project’s priorities▪Coaching, mentoring, and managing project team and partners to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and FHI360 standards/policies
- Providing guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work
- Conducting site monitoring visits as required▪Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management▪ Overseeing regional SBCC and CS strategy design and execution
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Master’s Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in communication, public health, social science, behavioral change communication or related field and 7-9 years of relevant experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience supporting SBCC and capacity strengthening projects, including design, development, and implementation of SBCC activities.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and managing branding/marketing communication, public relations, advocacy projects or campaigns. Must have demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic media campaigns for local and national brands and has built and managed social media platforms in the past.
- Knowledge of state of art public relations, marketing, social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application. Technical knowledge of one or more in health topic areas (MNCH, FP, malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB)
- Demonstrated experience in the development and use of multi-media communications.
- Ability to synthesize and translate technically complex information into plain language communication products. Work in low-literacy settings a plus.
- Field experience in developing/implementing social and behavior change communication, advocacy and public relations projects/programs that have demonstrated impact.
- Understanding of formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective communication and public relations/advocacy campaigns.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English/Kiswahili.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may Apply online by submit their application Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.