Position: Business Account Manager
Company Name UnionPay International
Company Location Tanzania
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities.
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to Company’s accounts particularly in Uganda and generally in Eastern Africa region.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Implement partner strategy that support the market development plan and drive incremental revenue to UPI that creates value for acquirers and issuers alike.
- Contribute towards developing strategic business plans through the provision of appropriate account and market intelligence and, to take responsibility for implementation of these specific action plans to support overall relevant strategy.
- New business development to expand UPI card acceptance at new merchant segments and execute merchant marketing programs to drive usage at new merchant segments
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territor
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales
- Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce,) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.
UnionPay International (UPI) is a subsidiary of China UnionPay focused on the growth and support of UnionPay’s global business. In partnership with more than 1800 institutions worldwide, UnionPay International has enabled card acceptance in 174 countries and regions with issuance in 48 countries and regions. UnionPay International provides high quality, cost effective and secure cross-border payment services to the world’s largest cardholder base and ensures convenient local services to a growing number of global UnionPay cardholders and merchants.