We are Hiring : Communications Specialist
MS TCDC wishes to secure the services of a self-motivated and creative Communications Specialist who will be responsible for building and sustaining the institution’s reputation for quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
MS TCDC wishes to secure the services of a self-motivated and creative Communications Specialist. This is a Management Level position reporting directly to the Programs Director. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of social media internal, external and corporate communications. The Communications Specialist will work with various counterpart Managers and staff within the organization as well as with key external stakeholders in order to develop, maintain and implement suitable communications plans and strategies that will support the vision of the organization. S/he will also orient and train the organization’s staff in critical aspects of communication while as well playing a key role in the design and implementation of a Communications Curriculum at TCDC. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for building and sustaining the institution’s reputation for quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
As the Communications Specialist, your main areas of responsibility will be (but not limited to):
- Develop communications strategies for delivery of organizational culture, business strategy and promotion of the enterprise.
- Develop communications strategies for both internal and external consumption.
- Manage organizational reputation and image.
- Cultivate and sustain relationship with local and international media.
- Develop and manage communications operating budgets.
- Establish and maintain a consistent image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events by generating high level content – written and audio-visual for multiple online and offline channels.
- Play a lead role in the development and appropriate packing of knowledge products emerging from critical work areas such a MS TCDC Philanthropy and Knowledge Curation.
- Execute a suitable communications strategy and implementing activities to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Assist other unit manager within the organization to prepare communications content and products for publication.
- Develop content for internal publications such as newsletters, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Develop and maintain the organizations media strategy i.e. plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develop and implement Communications Training as part of TCDC Standard Course offerings
- Support the organizational marketing and sales efforts.
- Develop content for external publications such as newsletters, press releases etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media houses and representatives.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders within East Africa.
- Manage and maintain the organizations Social Media platforms.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages.
- Ensure that the institution is accurately featured on social media.
The ideal candidate is expected to have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in media as well as in a leadership position.
- Proven experience in building, coaching, and mentoring communications and/or marketing specialists and in leading the execution of communications strategies.
- Communications Skills.
- Leadership and Administrative Skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Other AU official languages will be an added advantage.
- Good Interpersonal and Facilitation/Training skills desired.
- Training in professional writing, i.e. media reporting, media article, case study/story, press release, content writing, etc. and added advantage.
- Training or experience in photography and videography will be an added advantage.
Basic Term offers:
- A three-year position, with possibility of extension
- A basic salary matching the profile of the applicant and seniority of the position based on
- TCDC Salary Scale.
- Housing is provided by TCDC on campus in Usa River, Arusha, Tanzania.
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
Application deadline: Apply to email@example.com by Friday, 5th of July, 2019 midnight EAT with title Communications Specialist
The first round of interviews will be conducted in the first half of second week of July, 2019 and a potential second round of interviews will be conducted in the second half of the second week of July, 2019.
Desired Start date: 1st of August, 2019 or soonest possible.