JOB POSITION: The Port Operations Manager
The Port Operations Manager/Port Operations Executive is responsible for the smooth operations of the port and cargo operations. He/She keeps in close contact with key stakeholders including regulatory authorities, port operations and shipping lines.
- Allocate resources to ensure smooth running of port operations.
- Analyse expenditure and submit reports to management.
- Brief port supervisors on vessel loading and discharge standard operating procedures.
- Conduct interviews and recommend hiring of candidates.
- Develop a framework and process to manage business risk in chartering operations.
- Develop and implement in-house training roadmap.
- Develop processes for implementing manpower planning strategy.
- Develop vessel loading and discharge plans.
- Encourage innovation and efficiency improvements to ensure processes are productive.
- Monitor and review manpower planning processes.
- Monitor vessel operations and productivity.
- Oversee compliance with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Oversee daily planning for berth, yard and stowage.
Desired Candidate Profile
Experience: 3 Years
Qualification: Clearing and forwarding, Ship line and port Management, Transport and Logistics Management and any other related fields
A bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in relevant field
JOB POSITION: General Manager
General Manager Responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- A bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in relevant field
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
NOTE: Mode of Application attach updated cv with the current passport size on email@example.com