JTI (Japan Tobacco International)Tabora, TZ
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
As a Area Manager ,you will be joining the Agronomy Department reporting to the Leaf Production Manager in Tabora.
This position is responsible for
- Liaising with farmer organizations to identify and contract farmers, coordinate field days and attending in association meetings with and reporting to the Leaf Production Manager.
- Registration of facilitated farmers through identification and assessments, distributing farm inputs to farmers, reconciliation of records and monitoring loan recovery.
- Providing Crop Estimates by monitoring what is taking place in the industry among competitors and farmers and monitoring of weather conditions and rainfall.
- Coordinating the movement of tobacco bales from farm gate to sales floor with farmers and transport association and monitoring tobacco sales.
- Initiating best practices through eliminating child Labour and NTRM through farmer sensitization and identifying the relevant risks within the department and ensuring measures control are in place to prevent employees from being injured, health and safety training are provided to all required personnel, understand legal and JTI EHS requirements to ensure compliance and taking initiative in promoting a safety culture.
- Overseeing Field Supervisors and Field Technicians through assigning areas and farmers to technicians, monitoring and evaluation of their work in the field, movement of vehicles and motorcycles and all company provided equipment to ensure they are well maintained and used in line with JTI policies
- Bachelor Degree/Equivalent in Agriculture and related fields
- Minimum of 5 Years Work Experience in the Tobacco industry
- Fluency in English and Swahili (Spoken and Written)
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
To apply, All qualified candidates should visit our official recruitment site jobs.jti.com and search the Area Manager Position or send their detailed,Cover letter, Updated resume with relevant document/Certificate copies to JTILS.email@example.com no later than 1st of July 2019.
Terms and Conditions shall apply and only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted further.