Position: Bank Teller
Primary Location: Tanzania United Republic of
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 19032419
The holder of the position will be responsible for interfacing with customers who come into the banking hall to seek services. The holder will be expected to provide a high level of customer service, be courteous to our customers and represent the bank well on a daily basis.
The teller position is a vital job as it serves to fulfil the customers need to access physical cash, carry out foreign exchange transactions as well as make direct deposits into their account. The holder will be expected to service these needs in a courteous way, accurately paying out cash as per customers instructions.
i. Payment Processing: Processing customer withdrawals and deposits into their accounts within the established controls and standards of the country.
Processing will include:-
• Identification and verification of customers or their agents
Performing of signature verification for instruments received over the counter
Processing of cash deliveries requested by clients
Participating in cash withdrawals from the central bank or our correspondent banks
Processing of local currency for deposit with the central bank or our correspondent banks
Processing of foreign currency notes for repatriation
Ensure prompt collection of charges for the services being performed
Ensure customers are promptly attended and do not spend an undue time waiting for service in the banking hall.
Ensure client questions or queries relating to cash and teller activities raised in person or on telephone are attended promptly and within TAT.
ii. Controls and Compliance: This role entails ensuring compliance to the Banks processes, policies, US and Local regulatory requirements. These include:
• Compliance to both local and external regulatory requirements pertaining to cash handling
Physical Cash balancing against tellers till and Preparation of tellers cash proof report
Preparation of consolidated cash position report
Prompt escalation of any differences encountered as well as booking the same appropriately.
Reconciliation of suspense accounts and Nostro open items pertaining to cash and teller department
Ensuring adherence to the TTS Operations Minimum Standards as relates to Branch Operations.
iii. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- University Degree
- Proficiency in computer applications / systems
- Good understanding of bank/departmental processes
- Good understanding of customer service is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well
- Ability to exercise good judgement and be alert at all times
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Good team player
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Fast learner
- Ability to create a good impression and inspire confidence.
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Self driven individual
- Ability to handle pressure
- Be presentable at all times while attending to customers
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Valuing Diversity:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
- Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer