Monitoring And Evaluation Manager
Place of Work/Location: Kagera, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 02.08.2019
Type of Contract: Fixed term contract; unlimited term if extended
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year
Languages Required: English & Kiswahili
Starting Date: 16.09.2019
Please apply in English using your CV (including education, internships, working experiences and
employments) and covering letter (as a motivational letter why you are interested in this position and Jambo Bukoba) as a single PDF-document. Please also include expected annual gross
compensation for this position and references from former working experiences.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitoring and evaluating at Jambo Bukoba aims to improve the quality of our own work and to report the impact we have on our target groups to our stakeholders, supporters and donors.
- The M&E Manager will be responsible to extend the already existing M&E activities and to further develop instruments for a progressive impact measurement. He/she will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. Therefore, the
- M&E Manager must combine a scientific and feasible approach for reasonable recommendations for the organizational development. Furthermore, the M&E Manager will be responsible for project reports on progress.
- Under the overall guidance of the Jambo Bukoba management (Germany and Tanzania) and direct supervision by the Project Manager, the M&E Manager will be responsible for high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs, outcomes and impacts in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E Manager works in close collaboration with the project teams in Germany and Tanzania, Government officials, schools and local communities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures in primary schools;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing
- plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the project management (Germany, Tanzania)
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system, develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management (Germany, Tanzania);
- Participate in annual project reviews (evaluation meeting) and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the JB values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of Jambo Bukoba;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Be a good ambassador of Jambo Bukoba in sports, gender issues, HIV/AIDS awareness and education
- Organization and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders to facilitate the provision of maximum support
Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors, project staff, students, teachers, governmental employees;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the JB project;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- University Degree preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Community Development or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the operating with Microsoft Office software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software; SPSS, STATA
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
JAMBO BUKOBA OFFERS
- A beautiful office and workplace
- Fair salary
- Health insurance