Public Relations Manager
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959 by Ordinance No. 413 as revised in 2002 under CAP 284. NCA is managed by Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and safeguard the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions:-
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (1 POST)
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Master Degree in either Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communication or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution with working experience of at least eight (8) years in related field. Must have an extensive knowledge in relevant computer applications/packages.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To ensure Conservation awareness within and outside NCAA is carried out.
- To coordinate and improve Media Relations.
- To oversee publicity and creation of good image of the Authority.
- To create harmony between the Authority and the residents leaving inside the NCA and surrounding areas.
- To maintain close working relationship with the Press, Radio and Television.
- To oversee advertisement and promotion activities of NCAA.
- To approve annual work plans of staff of the Public Relations Unit and ensure their implementation.
- To prepare the annual budget for the Public Relation’s Unit.
- To liaise with the Mass Media, Government Ministries and Departments and other institutions on public relations matters affecting the Authority.
- To respond to public inquiries concerning the Authority’s operations.
- To supervise and appraise staff and identify their training and development needs.
- To prepare the Authority’s press releases.
- To perform any other duty as assigned from time to time by his/her Supervisor.
In accordance to NCAA’s salary scales.
All applicants must be Tanzanian citizens of not more than 40 years of age with the exception of those applying for the Public Relations Manager position age should not exceed 45 years.
Applicants must fill out ALL the necessary forms fields available at the NCAA recruitment portal (http://recruitment. ncaa.go.tz).
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
Applicants must attach their certified copies of certificates as required for each post to include:
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
And Birth certificate
Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:
Form IV and form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
Applicants who have/were retired from Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts at referees section on recruitment portal.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/ advised to indicate on Personal Details section of recruitment portal.
A signed hand written application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to;
Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority,
Ngorongoro Crater, ARUSHA.
(Letter should to be attached at Attachment section on NCAA recruitment portal).
Deadline for application is 09th July, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following link; http://recruitment.ncaa.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address can also be accessed via NCAA website https://www.ncaa.go.tz/ Click on ‘Recruitment Portal’)