Position: Logistics Country Lead
Deadline: 10th July, 2019
Experience: 4-5 years
Type: Full time
Specific responsibilities include:
• Managing multiple input distributions throughout the growing season. This includes scheduling, truck loading, staff coordination, and stock level analysis.
• Managing all inventory and warehouse assets in a safe and secure manner by upholding key security and fraud control policies.
• Managing the logistics department budget which includes inventory, staffing, warehouse, and transport expenses.
• Serving as a liaison between various departments to support the major annual distribution processes.
• Innovating ways to deliver new categories of life-changing products (e.g. live plant material, poultry, etc.), and to make our delivery network, even more, cost-effective.
• Building and managing a team of warehouse and logistics professionals. Team size ranges based on program location however the average size is about 10 full-time employees and up to 100 seasonal employees.
• Building and managing a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
• Managing all logistics data and inventory flows within warehouses and during our busy distribution periods
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
• Related masters degree is an asset, but not strictly required. (Examples: Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, etc.)
• Demonstrated strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include demanding professional work experiences, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business,).
• Experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management. Development world experience is an asset but not required.
• Strong analytical skills – Ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data, with high attention to detail. Excel skills particularly an asset.
• Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing operational environment.
• Language: Fluent English required. Local languages are a plus.