Job Title: Relationship Manager-19034679
• To take responsibility as a Relationship Manager of developing the business the assigned portfolio
• The Relationship Manager has primary responsibility for the maintenance of the existing client relationships as well as the development of prospective relationships, managing the assigned accounts and providing seamless service delivery of all products. He/ she will orchestrate the delivery of Citi’s vast global network and develop integrated banking strategies by acting as a primary point of contact through which our clients will be able to utilise our extensive capabilities around the world.
• The Relationship Manager is expected to understand the customer’s business, industry and market environment as well as the bank’ s product and services offerings so that over time the bank captures a larger and more sustainable share of the customer’s available wallet including all banking products from investment banking, corporate finance, treasury, loans, as well as transactional banking products. As part of the Relationship Management team, the RM will work closely with Product, Operations and Risk units on matters related to relationship banking, including the acquisition of new customers, maintenance and revenue growth of Ivory Coast local corporate portfolio.
Job Background / Context:
The Corporate Bank portfolio comprises of local corporate and subsidiaries of multi-national/global corporate relationships. This position will focus on local corporate relationships.
Key Responsibilities and and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Business Results: deliver revenue targets (mainly local corporate’s) from assigned portfolio:
• Apply target market criteria and ensure appropriate due diligence, AML and KYC work is satisfactorily and efficiently completed.
• Create individual marketing and relationship building plans for each target name, including specific revenue/product plans in coordination with all product partners and the risk chain, and execute on this strategy for each relationship based on acquiring market/ wallet share, revenue and risk/return targets.
• Work with product partners to organize and provide support in origination, structuring and execution of the bank’s suite of products.
• Manage and grow a portfolio of borrowing and non-borrowing relationships.
• Applied a disciplined relationship process to deliver a robust pipeline and reliable returns.
• Ensure timely approval of all credits and strict adherence to internal credit and compliance procedures.
• Develop a clear understanding of the implementation process for Cash, S and T and banking products, including a good working knowledge of documentation requirements, crucial to both marketing and accelerated deal closure.
• Monitor/analyze daily and weekly control reports (Excess/CRMS/Deferral/Account services etc.) and take or coordinate for appropriate action.
• Ensure adherence to bank’s policies and procedures including credit, controls, documentation and compliance.
• Perform and support in departmental functions- MCA co-ordination and testing etc.
• Shape the client dialogue
• Become the client’s trusted adviser and the client’s first point of call.
• Appropriately leverage interaction of regional industry experts.
• Coordinate with other RMs and other units as required.
• Proactively manage the bank’s capital deployed to respective clients so as to ensure superior returns on equity.
• Support the Corporate Bank Head on submitting key deliverables (plan, strategic, portfolio and credit review, etc.)
• Opportunity to work for a global organisation with a demanding client base and in a dynamic business environment.
• Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years banking experience; with solid knowledge of local environment, transactional banking, legal documentation and general banking.
• Minimum of 5 years Relationship Management experience;
In-depth understanding of banking products – cash management, trade, FX, lending, etc.
• In-depth local industry knowledge and understanding of compliance, global and local regulatory requirements;
• Experience in working with and within a matrix organization and cross-functional teams.
• Diverse knowledge of the local market, competitive environment, and local regulations.
• Experience in at least one, (preferably two), of the following fields: Credit/Banking/Loan Products and Operation/ Service Delivery
Skills / Competencies:
• Self-confident and motivated
• Dynamic and highly energised
• Strong communicator with the ability to network and build strong, solid relationships
• Strong planning and organisation skills and able to multi-task.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability and desire to work with minimal supervision
• Strong team player
• Ability to interface effectively and independently with strong personalities (internal and external)
• Enthusiastic and flexible with ability to use own initiative and work independently
• Ability to originate and execute;
• Strong team player, given the cross functional role
• Creativity, initiative and resourcefulness;
• Accountability and ownership;
• Ability to set priorities and work under pressure;
• Attention to detail/high degree of numeric skills
• High performance and ethical standards
• Good credit knowledge and analytical skills
• High level MS skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Good understanding of banking products – loans (short and long-term), CTS and standard Treasury (FICC) products
• Decision making;
• Process and control.
• Academic degree in Finance / Economics / Accounting / Business Administration / Law or related field.
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal development plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Primary Location: EMEA-TZA-Dar es Salaam
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular