Officer; Trade Finance Operations
Accurately and efficiently processing of various Trade Finance products transactions for NMB Bank Plc customers in accordance with applicable laid down procedures, rules and Policies.
- Responsible for all Trade Products operational aspects such as Letters of Credit (LCs), Trade Loans, Guarantees and Documentary Collections.
- Responsible for processing and handling all incoming documents, such as Letters Of Credit, Guarantees, Documentary Collection, Invoice Financing, Post Import Loans, and other LCs Drawings.
- Responsible for the resolution of corporate customers’ queries and concerns, as well as liaising with Trade Sales team/Business team to deliver a superior client experience.
- Preparation of Monthly Schedule 13 and 16 as per the Central Bank requirement.
- Responsible for the creation of SWIFT messages types like 100, 200, 400, 700 series accurately and promptly to meet the agreed Turnaround Time (TAT), ensuring that professionalism is used when creating those message types.
- Responsible for Daily Contingent Liability reporting, Nostro reconciliation reporting, Correspondent Bank Limits relating to Trade Finance reporting, Client Facility Utilization reporting and Cash Collateral status Reporting.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed and settled on a timely basis with priority to time critical as per SLA such as matured Post-Import Loan, Letters of Credit Drawings, Documentary Collection and Avalized Bill.
- Verification of all Incoming Trade instructions such as Documentary collection, Trade Loans, LCs and Guarantees received from Branches, DHL, and other departments.
- Proactively ensure all compliance and risk guidelines are followed in each transaction, manage risk through the documentation checking process.
- Ensure that all internal procedure requirements are met as per internal policies and procedures.
- Responding promptly and expertly to Trade inquiries and issues; developing workable solutions, ensuring all related issues are resolved in a timely, accurately and effective manner or escalated to Manager as required.
- Adhere to the agreed Key Control Standard Self-Assessment (KCSA) Plans and approach as advised by the Manager.
- Support others and motivate the team; act as a role model and lead by example
- Escalating exceptions to the Manager that are not in line with the Policy and Procedures.
- Be a backup for the Unit Manager.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Manager from time to time.
Good knowledge of Trade Products and processes, and adept at navigating through the Trade applications process. Solid understanding of Trade products such as Letters of Credit, All types of Trade Loans, Documentary Collection and Avalization, Documents Checking, Confirmation, Reimbursements etc.
- Trade finance Operations workflow knowledge and Time Management Skill.
- A Strong understanding of operational risk specifically in Trade Finance Products.
- Excellent knowledge of ICC publications like UCP 600, ISP 98, URDG 758, URC522 URR725 etc.
- Knowledge on Money Laundering procedures and Crime Act.
- Ability to spot red flags in trade finance transactions
- Logical and Analytical problem solving skills,
- Ability to gather information from a broad range of sources and generate logical, timely and workable solutions.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Strong team player with good communication and Interpersonal skills to form good relationships internally and externally i.e. (Trade Sales, Wholesale Banking, Business Banking, Branches and external Customers).
- Highly collaborative and flexible to provide backup support to the team members whenever needed.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, responsibility, well organized, ability to prioritize, meet deadline and results-oriented.
- Maintaining confidentiality of the Bank and customer information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Economics or equivalent
- Good understanding of international banking practices UCP 600, URC522, ISP98 and URDG758 and URR725.
- Sound knowledge of trade finance operations and documentation.
- Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) is an Added Advantage.
- 4 Years in Banking Operations, Three years’ experience in Trade Operations.
- Experience in dealing with Trade customers will be an added advantage.
Please note that the deadline for receiving applications will be 14th July 2019.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.