REPORT TO : FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER
Who we are
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solution networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation designs and implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening. AKF is looking for well qualified self- driven individual with unquestionable integrity to fill in the Office Assistant position.
The incumbent will be responsible for cleaning the office, front office operations, administration and logistics support to Costal Rural Support Program in Lindi and Mtwara Regions.
- Clean and maintain all internal and external office environments Attend to visitors, incominq and outaoina mails and other related correspondences
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the supervisor.
- Ensure the office is locked and secured after office hours.
- Work as the executive assistant to Program Director.
- Stores management (Receiving all shipments of products and storing them in an organized manner, Physical check of all incoming materials against purchase orders/invoices and issue GRNs Report and coordinate maintenance of office equipments
- Organize business travels, itineraries and accommodation for staffs and ensure all payments are initiated and honored in a timely manner. Printing and distribution of CRSPT reports, documents for internal and external use as directed Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Respond, prepare and or modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
- Managing the generator and ensuring that it has enough fuel and switched on when there is electricity break down;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications and experience required
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably with a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dealing with multiple donor funds
- Certificate/Diploma in Office management, Administration or any related course in hospitality industry
- Training in general Cleanliness, record management, customer care
- Ability to work with different people and customers
- Ability to work under pressure and competing priorities with minimum supervision
- Ability to perform multiple tasks,
- Ability to write reports
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic skills in spoken and written English
- Impeccable honesty, integrity and work ethics
- Able to Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding two pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business by 17th July 2019, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to email@example.com
Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.