Job Code: DCMC-HQ-1000
Closing On: Monday, 22nd July 2019
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Ntyuka – Dodoma
- Examine patients and make diagnoses to determine the need for surgery.
- Review patient medical history and plan the best procedure for treatment.
- Evaluate and advise patients on the risk involved with having surgery.
- Analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation’s necessity and to determine best procedure
- Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injury, disease, deformities and patient function while adhering to regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Follow established surgical techniques during surgery.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatment and procedures.
- Ensure sterility in the operating room, and all equipment and instruments.
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, and operating rooms.
- Direct and coordinate activities of hospital staff for proper patient care.
- Oversee all treatment prior to and post-surgery, and identify associated risks.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of patient rights.
- Plan and execute disease/illness prevention and health promotion programs.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate follow up meetings with patients and monitor health condition after surgery or treatment.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques in order to improve procedures and surgery
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or MBCHB or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Holder of Masters of Medicine (MMed) in General Surgery from a recognized institution
- Must be registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a Surgeon
- At least two (2) years working experience as a General Surgeon from a reputable medical institution
MODE OF APPLICATION
- DCMC Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering stable and professional working environment with competitive remuneration and benefits.
- The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
- The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
- All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or E-mail: email@example.com).
· Closing date and time: Monday 22nd July 2019 at 16.30 hrs.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658