Business Planning Manager
Provide information pertaining to customer and industry performance, analyzing how customers utilize our products and facilities,
Provide key stakeholders recommendations on how to maximize return on our relationships, and take advantage of our position in a rapidly evolving market.
Analyze both product lines and the overall profitability retail business.
Business financial planning, analysis, monitoring and reporting:
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for retail business.
- Work in collaboration with Business Support and IT team to develop initiatives and strategies that optimize costs and improve internal and external reporting.
- Identify problems and opportunities within retail business and ultimately provide solutions to Chief Retail Banking that will help achieve business’ goals.
- Perform professional analysis work related to budgeting control, forecasting, accounting and relationship management.
- Work with retail leaders & Finance Department to complete yearly budget request and justifications both OPEX & CAPEX Budget for financial year, do monthly and quarterly budget review and ensure Retail team remains within approved budget.
- Review operational, financial records and reports and make recommendations for improvements, work with retail department heads to compile data necessary to analyze and determine operational and financial efficiency.
- Conduct research necessary to prepare forecasts of future financial / business conditions
- Fully provide leadership in analytics with regards to portfolio performance.
- Support Retail banking leadership in preparing presentations, reports and papers
- Support Retail Banking in monitoring income accruals and collection.
- Provide high-level administrative support to Chief Retail Banking, including preparing reports and handling all retail banking correspondence.
- Assist the Chief Retail Banking with scheduling appointments and maintaining his annual calendar; facilitate and act as the meetings secretary of departmental top management meetings.
- Support Retail Heads of Department in coordinating pipeline and work-flow.
- Exercise discretion with filing of documents, topics/subjects pertaining to all incoming and outgoing information for Chief Retail Banking
- Identify priorities and important issues in connection with the day-to-day business needs.
- Assist the Chief Retail Banking in coordination of projects, highlighting areas of improvement within the business units.
- Maintain and follow-up on any communication or delegated action.
- Business understanding of key performance levers of Banking business and products, country banking sector performance
- Knowledge about various accounting and financial concepts and principles
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in banking, economics, mathematics, computer science or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business performance management related fields.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.