Position: Project Manager – OYE Project
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Contract type: National employment contract
Overview of the Position
The Project Manager Tanzania will provide guidance and manage the implementation of the Tanzania project and ensure that the objectives and targets are achieved. S/he will manage programmatic, financial, and operational and HR resources dedicated to the project; oversee performance and expenditures in close collaboration with the Project Finance Officer and ensure timely and compliant procurement together with the SNV Operations Department. S/he will report to the SNV Country Director and maintain effective relations and coordination with all project stakeholders.
The position requires regular travel across the Central and Northern regions of Tanzania.
The successful candidate will be focusing on finalizing the achievement of the project targets before the end of the current project duration as well as supporting the preparation, design and implementation of the Second Phase of the project.
- Guide the project planning and implementation in Tanzania including engagement with local stakeholders and subcontractors; development of annual operational work plans and budgets on the basis of the existing project activity plans and budget;
- Project management: effectively manage the human, physical and financial resources allocated to the project ensuring that work is implemented no time and to budget and achieves the promised deliverables;
- Monitor and guide local implementing partner organisations;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to donors and contribute to development of overall SNV global annual report.
- Liaise with the OYE Tanzania Agriculture project leader on cross-cutting matters, both programmatic as well as financial;
- Contribute to synergy between the OYE project, the SDC OYE project and SNV’s energy programmes in Tanzania by providing strategic guidance to guarantee a balance between contextual opportunities and effective implementation of the project approach;
- Monitor performance of the project team to ensure that all milestones set in the annual work plans are met, and develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks; take corrective actions to fix any deviation from work plans;
- Report to the SNV Country Director
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication & branding – in close collaboration with the Country Director and the donor
- Donor relations: Effectively manage in country donor relations and establish professional partnership with key private and public sector stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. related to development, energy, or social studies;
- Proven track record with at least 5 years’ experience in the management of projects in development organizations;
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas: Renewable energy;inclusive business/market models;public – private partnerships;
- Experience with development of youth skills towards employability is desired;
- Demonstrated experience in managing capacity building programmes.
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer is desired.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial individual who will explore and develop innovative approaches that appeal to rural youth in Tanzania;
- Visionary who is able to strategically inspire and energize the project team;
- Excellent social / networking skills, ability to engage with government, private sector and civil society;
- Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills, reporting and presentation skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
Languages: Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
Starting date: 1st October, 2019?
Contract type: National
Length of contract: 1 year (with potential to extend by three years if the Second Phase is awarded)
How To Apply
Interested candidates that meet the key qualifications are encouraged to send in their applications. These applications must contain:
- CV (that lists at least three referees from previous employers),
- Motivation letter,
- Certified Copies of your stated Academic Qualifications, and
- Declaration of your Salary History for the last three years.
The applications should be marked ‘OYE Project Manager’ in the subject line and the deadline for sending in applications is Thursday July 22, 2019. SNV reserves the right to reject outright any applications that do not meet the application requirements listed above. We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted