Data Officers (Intern) 28 POSTS
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health prior ties of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions. Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. All job positions require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time. MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees or commission or any payments to the interested candidates. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill in vacancies in the following regions:
DATA OFFICERS (INTERN)-28 POSTS
Location : Mbeya, Iringa, Njombe, Rukwa, Songwe, Ruvuma, Dares Salaam, Arusha, Tanga, Pwani, Dodoma, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Geita, Tabora, Kigoma, Kagera and Mara.
Reporting: Study Zonal coordinator, Duration: 4 weeks
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
- Obtain consent from clients
- Conduct daily face to face interviews to clients received either postpartum family planning.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects and patients information.
- Summarize interviews and provide report to supervisor on weekly basis.
- Arrange weekly schedule with the supervisor to ensure that the work priorities are accomplished within specified time.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation; ability to take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress without direct supervision
- Strong oral communications and writing skills;
- Stationed at the region and/or district of working area.
- Quick to learn and follow supervisors instructions
- A certificate of completion of high school( form six) or any diploma holder
- Previous experience in data collection will be an added advantage
- Having a human research GCP training is another added advantage
- Computer literacy, good written and spoken Englis
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees, MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates. Applications should be submitted by 30th July, 2019, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.