Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health prior ties of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions. Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. All job positions require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time. MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees or commission or any payments to the interested candidates. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill in vacancies in the following regions:
DREAMS OFFICER: 1 Post; Kagera
Reports to Project Manager
Job Summary: The DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe) officer works with and supports the MDH Regional Project Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of all service delivery for adolescent girls and young women. S/He is responsible for providing leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming and service delivery for adolescent girls and young women. S/He will provide technical and management oversight to ensure the effective implementation of DREAMS Initiative interventions and their integration in respective district.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support implementation, M&E and reporting of DREAMS initiative interventions under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant activities.
- To support sub partners in designing a safe space model to provide services to adolescent girls and young women in Muleba.
- Support sub partners to manage the implementation of DREAMS plans and budgets and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines.
- Work with CHMT, health facilities and community partners in the respective DREAMS District to ensure coordination with other programs and stakeholders.
- Support DREAMS partners to develop criteria for identifying and enrolling AGYW into safe spaces.
- Support sub partners in the day-to-day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions and community strengthening activities in the respective DREAMS District.
- Support DREAMS sub partners to ensure timely reporting, monitoring, and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
- Support sub partners in developing, reviewing, and editing of program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans, budgets, and MER plans.
- Strengthen effective internal and external referral system is in place to ensure smooth client linkage across services.
- To support Regional Project Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
- To support and advise the Regional Project Manager on all DREAMS initiative issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Regional Project Manager
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills:
- Degree in Gender, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
- Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
- Experience in gender and gender based violence programming.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NGO and HIV environment.
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Fluency in English for day-to-day communication.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees, MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates. Applications should be submitted by 30th July, 2019, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.