Driver – II (2 posts)
Musoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA) is a utility established under section 9 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 with the objective of provision of Water Supply and Sanitation services in Musoma Municipality. In this respect, the activities of MUWASA have specifically expanded and the Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled individuals who are self-motivated, dynamic and result oriented to fill the following posts.
Title of the Position Driver – II (2 posts)
Posted by Mabumbe
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving MUWASA’s vehicles to approved destinations and in accordance with traffic regulations;
- Inspecting vehicles for defects before and after trips and submit reports indicating vehicle condition to the administration office;
- Maintaining, keeping and updating motor vehicle log books according to laid down regulations;
- Checking and ensuring that the vehicle and goods are properly locked and secured at all times;
- Inspecting and reporting any problem of the vehicle to his/her reporting Officer;
- Ensuring safety and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Reporting to the immediate supervisor on preventive and repairs required;
- Carrying out minor repairs of the vehicle;
- Collecting and delivering mails and other documents of the institution; and
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification & Experience:
Holder of Secondary School Education Certificate/Advanced Secondary School Education Certificate having a valid Driving License Class C, E, F, G and Basic Driving Course plus driving experience of at least one (1) year without causing accidents. Advanced Drivers’course from NIT and Possession of Trade Test Grade ll/Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics is an added advantage.
Terms of Engagement: Contract of unspecified period
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
Modes of Application:
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day to day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers. Only qualified short listed candidates will be informed for interview.
Your application letter (Job title indicated on the envelope) should reach the undersigned by 30th July 2019 before 16:00 pm.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Musoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 233,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”