Sales Assistant (10 posts)
Musoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA) is a utility established under section 9 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 with the objective of provision of Water Supply and Sanitation services in Musoma Municipality. In this respect, the activities of MUWASA have specifically expanded and the Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled individuals who are self-motivated, dynamic and result oriented to fill the following posts.
Title of the Position Sales Assistant (10 posts)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect all data pertaining to customers, read and record meter readings in designated walk route/data loggers;
- Report and submit meter readings/data logger readings;
- Distribute bills to customers;
- Report on anomalies of meters as noted when reading meters;
- Report on leakages and illegal connections;
- Inform customers on current tariffs and modes of payment;
- Clean clogged water meters
- Disconnect defaulted meters;
- Report on customer complaints regarding water meters;
- Follow up debts from customers;
- Distribute messages and leaflets from the Authority to customers;
- Report on illegal connections; and
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification & Experience:
The holder of this position must possess the following:-
(i) Holder of a Form IV/VI Certificate of Secondary Education Examination and who has attained Level II certificate in Plumbing, holder of Diploma in Plumbing and Water resources engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at least one (1) year working experience in plumbing activities.
(ii) Must have at least one year working experience in plumbing/ meter reading activities.
(iii) Must be ICT literate with good and proven interpersonal communication skills
Terms of Engagement: Contract of unspecified period
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
Modes of Application:
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day to day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers. Only qualified short listed candidates will be informed for interview.
Your application letter (Job title indicated on the envelope) should reach the undersigned by 30th July 2019 before 16:00 pm.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Musoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 233,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”