Chief of Party
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 45 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Consultant to design layout, formatting and branding four types of AYSRH IEC for USAID Boresha Afya Project.
USAID Borefya Afya is a new 5-year USAID-funded program for a comprehensive Health Service Delivery. The goal of USAID Borefya Afya is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians. Jhpiego leads the implementation of one of the 3 awards covering the lake and western zones —with an emphasis on women and children in targeted regions. The purpose is to support the GOT to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a focus on malaria, maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health outcomes. The project scope covers 7 regions in the lake and western zones, national level, and Zanzibar.
Chief of Party [ One position based in Dar es Salaam.]
The Chief of Party is responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical and financial integrity of the project. Responsible for achieving the planned results set out for the project and meeting USAID terms. Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID, the government of Tanzania, other USAID grantees, donors and stakeholders. Responsible for planning, reporting and efficient and compliant management of project resources, as well as overall management of partner relationships. Liaise with other national programs, national technical working groups (TWGs) and other donor initiatives. Facilitate overall relationship with USAID, districts, the MOH for the mainland and Zanzibar, facilities and health professional associations. Provide overall strategic management and technical direction for the project. Supervise a team of highly qualified staff.
- Post graduate Qualification in public health, social sciences, international development, or arelated field.
- Ten years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of programs of similar size, complexity, and setting.
- Demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening approaches.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience in building, and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of institutional partners and stakeholders, including host governments.
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results.
- Knowledge of United States Government Health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; Swahili is also preferred
- Relevant experience in East Africa is preferred
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 25 July 2019. Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is our strength.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use for this recruitment. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through firstname.lastname@example.org