National Lead Consultant for Development of Funding Proposal
: 30/Jul/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRURT
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar Es Salaam
Duration: 40 days
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all. At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (crop, Livestock, Fisheries & Forestry) development. FAO is seeking to hire a national expert to lead the process of developing a funding project proposal. The process is being collaborated with the Ministry of Agriculture under FAO technical and financial support.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Country Representative, with the technical supervision of the FAO Lead Technical Officer, and guidance from FAO Project Task Force; the National Lead Consultant will make sure that the project is aligned with the beneficiaries, country’s needs, priorities, and ownership of the project is ensured. The National Lead Consultant will work in close collaboration with the supporting team of other consultants responsible for the overall technical quality of the project in respect to the GCF criteria.
The National Lead Consultant will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania and the technical supervision of FAO Lead Technical Officer. The Consultant will also work in close collaboration with the Project Team Leader (PTL) who will oversee the overall project development including the required background studies and annexes.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks to be carried out by the National Lead Consultant will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan inception meetings/workshops in Dar Es Salaam/Dodoma and Kagera and Geita regions;
- Provide technical inputs to the PTL and other engaged consultants on national priority and needs;
- Present to the national Task Force the work plan and key requirements of funding proposal formulation process;
- Review and provide guidance on all required studies;
- Review and provide comments and recommendation on the feasibility study, Environment and social Impact Assessment/Environment and Social Safeguard (ESIA/ESS);
- Review Annex studies produced by other experts/service provider and draft funding proposal;
- Ensure interventions are clearly aligned with and reflect priority actions and priority areas indicated in agriculture, climate and environment related national strategies, Programmes and Plans (e.g. Agricultural Sector Development Program phase II (ASDP II), Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Guideline, National Climate Change Strategy (NCS) , Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), and Long term Development plans e.g. Five Years Development Plan II, etc.
- Provide guidance on implementation management and facilitate identification of co-financing;
- Identify and propose key stakeholders in the Project areas and their potential role in complementing or implementing the Project; and
- Ensure the final funding proposal and the annexes are aligned with national priorities and addresses the needs of the recipient and requirements of the funding agency.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Climate Change, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, and/or Physical Geography.
- At least experience of 10 years in designing projects for the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Green Climate Fund (GCF), and/or other multilateral/Bilateral climate change funds. Multi-sectoral knowledge on Policy and institutional framework with respect to climate change aspects.
- National of Tanzania or resident in the country with a work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Leading, engaging and empowering Communication
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Partnering and co-financing mobilisation
- Strategic thinking
- 10 years working experience in climate change financing mechanisms, and natural resources or related field
- Solid analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think creatively
- Excellent drafting skills and capacity to synthesize of funding proposals
- Excellent team leader and coordination skills
- Experience or knowledge of UN systems is an added advantage.
- Candidates should be Tanzanian;
- Academic qualifications; Relevant Advanced university degree
- Extent and relevance of work experience; and
- Excellent communication skills.
|Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact:Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE