JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
JamiiForums aims to nurture and mentor the youth into young leaders with better understanding of the Internet, laws and regulations affecting the cyber space which all go line with Jamii Forums strategy in promoting and advocating for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Privacy and ICT-for-democracy. The intern will be assigned according to interest and attributes towards what best they can do.
The following are the Responsibilities of an intern
- Seeks information from mentors and colleagues regarding the history, purpose and mission of JamiiForums
- Works with social media engagers and content moderators in ensuring discussions on the forum and social media outlets run smoothly
- Helps the programs team implement program events and activities by giving support
- Participates in in-house meetings where local issues are identified and prioritized, and program results and plans are discussed
- Assists in preparations for planned events and activities by gathering information, assembling materials, contacting participants, and soliciting support from external sources.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A degree in Education, Journalism ar related field
- An active member with a Minimum of 1 year of membership on JamiiForums
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Aggressive
- MUST be impartial
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their CVs and cover letters to: email@example.com. The application email should be titled “Application for an Intern Post”. DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)