SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGER (4)
JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be shared across social media platforms innovatively.
A Social Media Engager oversees all Social media activities of all JamiiForums outlets and makes sure all Social Media Platforms are active all the time and the content falls in line with our policies and values. The SME reports to the Content Production Manager.
The following are the Responsibilities of a Social Media Engager:
- Provide input in creating a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use online techniques to increase visibility and traffic across platforms
- The primary responsibility is to manage and implement engagement as stipulated in the organization’s social media strategy
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images and video) that encourages community members to take action
- Identify potential opportunities within Social Media Platforms
- Identify potential risks across platforms (be it – political, racial, religious or gender)
- Provide input in creating a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility and traffic across platforms
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Age between 23 and 35 years
- A proven track record in social media management
- Experience and creativity in planning, managing and executing successful social media campaigns
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 3 years of experience in journalism, public relations, communications or any other related field (not limited to)
- Deep passion for Jamii Forums’ mission and vision and MUST be a member of JamiiForums.com for over 3 years
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; independent and confident
- Ability to think strategically and are results driven
- A team-player with an ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced and modern environment
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per Jamii Forums salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their CVs to email@example.com and a brief statement on how they believe they can transform JamiiForums’ social media platforms to the next level. The application email should be titled “Application for a Social Media Engager Post”. DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)