STAMIGOLD Company Limited – Biharamulo Mine is a subsidiary company of the State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) operating a gold mine. The Mine is located in the Biharamulo Forest Reserve, South West of Mwanza in Kagera Region. In order to run the mine effectively and efficiently, the Company invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the existing vacancies as detailed below: –
Biharamulo Mine Site
Contract Duration: One year, subject to renewal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of the company;
- Ensures Metallurgical Laboratory KPIs are met, including provision of accurate and timely Plant monitoring data to Metallurgy and Operations, and quality assurance and quality control on all Metallurgical Samples;
- Ensures the accuracy and maintenance of technical equipment, and errors are reported and rectified in a timely manner;
- Supervises and coordinates plant surveys, laboratory test work, analysis and reporting, as required;
- Analyses geological samples and provides its mineral contents;
- Ensures training KPIs are met through effective hands-on training of Metallurgical Technicians, to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential;
- Supports of staff to achieve objectives on-time and on-budget, and take appropriate action to rectify any substandard performance or behaviour;
- Provides ongoing technical input to the development and implementation of Process Plant operations, Geology and Mining strategies to support production objectives and optimise financial results for the company;
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor.
- Decisiveness, Resilience and Resourcefulness with high degree of confidentiality;
- Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice;
- Strong and proven management ability with leadership qualities are essential
- High level of interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills;
- Must be a team player, Flexible, Attentive to details and results oriented;
- Demonstrated track record of integrity and honesty;
- A working knowledge of appropriate software programs that will facilitate the reporting.
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Science, Chemical Engineering, Mineral Processing Engineering or Metallurgy;
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in laboratory environments with at least 2 years in a leadership/ supervisory role.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications with detailed current curriculum vitae(CV), and academic qualifications on firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The General Manager
P.O. Box 78508
Dar es salaam
All Applications should reach the aforementioned within 14 days since the appearance of this advert. Applicants should also write the position title in subject heading. Deadline 03, August 2019.