Country Finance Manager
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
The Country Finance Manager (CFM) will ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the Corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at timely, complete and up to date insight in the (financial) performance of the country and projects.
Finance Strategy for country:
- Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations.
- Contribute to development of the country strategy, management agreement and projects
Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
Management of Country Finance function:
- Organise the Finance function in the country and manage the finance employees, activities and all aspects within the finance team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realise the department’s objectives.
- Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
Participate in relevant (corporate) projects
- Develop and provide financial Management Information statements and financial reports and analysis to relevant internal and external parties. Respond to requests regarding financial administration and data, in accordance with corporate procedure
- Act as source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
- As Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine budgets within the approved threshold, in line with and compliant with corporate guidelines.
- Ensure timely and proper project administration by Project Manager and Project Administrator(s) and support Project Manager in the set-up of project governance, administration and finance procedures, guided by the contract signed with the donor and compliant with SNV Project Management and Finance policies and guidelines, SNV corporate governance table and donor proceduresManagement and donor Reporting:
- Present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management. Signal and advise Country Director on issues regarding the financial status of projects and participate in the discussion with responsible project managers if project profitability gives reason to.
- Report regularly on the overall country financial situation, using the corporate reporting formats and within the guidelines of the Global Support Unit Finance for management discussion.
- Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends, time registration versus planning and financial status of projects.
- Support and give guidance to project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to SNV donors according to donor requirements.
- In collaboration with Project Manager and Project Administrator, ensure proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines.
- Internal Control:
- Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Business Planning and Control team, country management team and Project Managers.
- Financial Planning and Control:
- Lead the development, consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds.
- Support budget holders in, and ensure compliance with internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency improvement.
- Ensure control, monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in the country.
- Financial Accounting & Administration:
- Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations.
- Ensure processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure adherence to tax related requirements and compliance with local (tax) regulations, including corporate income tax, VAT, Sales Tax, Personal Income Tax if and where applicable.
- Review receivables for doubtful debts and set up appropriate provisions.
- Carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts and manage the cash and liquidity levels.
- Carry out credit management of all donor receivables and ensure that credit due to SNV is pre-financed and invoices issued to donors are settled on time and in full.
- Ensure compliance of LSP financial transactions with ICF and all payments are substantiated with invoices, purchase orders and satisfactory evidence of work completion.
- Ensure proper registration, documentation and archiving of relevant financial documents.
Well-seasoned financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and full understanding of the core finance, business processes and accounting. Acts as discussion partner on country level for financial matters.
· Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in finance;
· OR Higher vocational working & thinking level with many years of experience in finance;
· Practical & applied knowledge level;
· Well grounded, well-seasoned financial professional, with full understanding of the core processes;
· Academic qualification- MBA or MSc. or Bachelor degree in Finance or professional Accounting qualification.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position, Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
submit your Cover Letter, CV and Salary History on or before 9th August 2019. if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted