Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) is an international nongovernmental research organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention, care, and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands Zone of Tanzania (Southern Highlands Program) and country wide for TPDF providing resources, personnel, and technical support for service provision. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands Zone to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing clinical HIV prevention, care, treatment and research services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma, and Songwe regions in the Zone.
Position: Receptionist/Travel Assistant
Reports to: Administrative Services Manager
Location: Mbeya HQ
The Receptionist/Travel Assistant is responsible for providing support and assistance to the Administrative Services Manager and all Directors in order to ensure that program services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. S/he will assist the Administrative Services Manager with scheduling appointments, coordinating travels and meetings; handle front office reception and administration duties, including greeting visitors, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mails as well as schedule meetings and travels for the entire program team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries;
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories and giving instructions;
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges;
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Collects, Sorts and distributing incoming and outgoing mails, parcels and documents;
- Answers inquiries from vendors and other government and non-governmental organizations;
- Calls persons waiting for visitor and book them a room to meet in;
- Update and Manage appointment calendars;
- Schedules follow-up appointments;
- Keeps up to date with current airfare promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to staff and program visitors;
- Conduct regular security checks throughout the day and report any security issues to line manager;
- Reports any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment;
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics;
- Assist Administrative Service Manager to schedule Executive Director’s/Directors appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travels as requested.
- Organizing and maintaining Program files and records;
- Assist minutes taking for the HOD meetings; as requested.
- Making travel and hotel reservation bookings for program staff and HQ visitors;
- Receiving and crosschecking travel and logistics request before submission to Administrative Services Manager for review Maintains Confidentiality of all company confidential information and senior management confidential information.
- Handle of Petty cash for Administration expenses.
- Organize event for Program activities/functions.
- Handle register book for incoming and outgoing letters.
- Filing of documents per HJFMRI filing system.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duty may assigned by any of Senior Officer/HoD.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma or bachelor degree in business administration or management or its equivalent;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Information technology knowledge.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Responsible and a self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- Extremely neat and decent in appearance.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Reliability, flexible.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
HJFMRI is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Receptionist/Travel Assistant for the Southern Highlands Program Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable courier to the
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,
or transmitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment. Hand delivery of applications will not be accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is August 12th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the job description below will not be considered.