PROCUREMENT OFFICER TRAINEES – 2 POST
Employer: TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED (TANESCO)
Date Published: 2019-07-31
Application Deadline: 2019-08-13
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in implementing procurement processes (goods, works and services) in a transparent, objective, economic and efficient manner, consistent with relevant policies, legislation, regulations and guidelines in accordance to Public Procurement Act, 2011 and any other International procurement guidelines.
- Make follow up, keep record and reports of all procurement activities performed by the procurement management unit for various functional units within the Company;
- Participate in preparation and /or reviewing of user requirement, solicitation documents, evaluation report, procurement performance reports and any other documentation related to company procurement processes;
- Assist in monitoring compliance by the company with the rules and procedures of the country’s procurement guidelines, including various donors’ procurement guidelines;
- Assist in mplementation and handling of procurement processes for adequacy of documentation, authorization, compliance and adherence to regulations in place to ensure economy and efficiency, accountability, transparency, fairness, integrity and effectiveness of procurement processes;
- Assist in preparation of Tender Board papers, invitation memos, and review of evaluation reports and ensuring compliance of time limits as stipulated in regulations and departmental key performance Indicators;
- Assist in preparation of procurement documents in line with the approved procurement plan and applicable guidelines.;
- Assist in preparation and submission of periodic reports;
- Participate in preparation of Corporate Annual Procurement Plan, updating the same in order to achieve total compliance to the plan;
- Enhance safety matters in the section to ensure safety to employees, customers and equipment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Advanced Diploma in Materials Management OR Procurement & Logistics;
- Must possess Form IV and/or VI Secondary School Academic Certificates (School Leaving Certificates not acceptable);
- Must be registered by relevant professional body;
- Good understanding of the Public Procurement Act no. 7 of 2011 (including its amendments of 2016); Regulations 2013 (and its amendments) and guidelines;
- Not less than a 1 years relevant working experience in the field.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale TANESCO SARALY SCALE