ACCOUNTANT – Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi Tengeru Arusha
- Reports directly to Finance Manger
- Responsible for budgeting preparation process for the program and assist out in preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure reports
- Preparation of fund request to Principal Recipient/Donor agency
- Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete with all the necessary support documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp
- Assists in the logistics in preparation for and during workshops.
- Preparation of financial reports as at when due (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Prepare monthly statutory returns e.g. PAYE and Statutory contributions in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure all filing is appropriately done
- Oversees all other financial matters of the project
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using QuickBooks Package.
- Accurate, timely and efficient preparation of payroll as approved ensuring compliance with internal guidance and laid down policies & procedures
- Updating of Fixed Asset Register
- Performing day to day banking activities and Report and highlight items of attentions to the management
- Ensuring office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs centres
- Processing duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures
- Remittance of tax deduction to Federal and State Inland Revenue Boards.
- Perform any other task as assigned by Finance Manager.
- University degree in Account, Finance or related field. Holder of CPA is an added advantage
- Must also have at least three (3) year working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel, MicrosoftWord and PowerPoint and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
- Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details.
- Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial and accounting information. Practical knowledge and skills in Payroll preparations.
- Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee’s/vendors files
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depicting sound work ethics
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to the address email@example.com.
Only electronic application is considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline is 15th August 2019. Address to Sanaa WALIPO Director, Box 67, Duluti, Arusha