Sanaa WALIPO (Sanaa WAPOLI LIVING POSITIVE) with its base at Patandi Akheri in Meru DC Arusha Region. Sanaa WALIPO is a community based organisation working to cooperate with various stakeholders in educating, identification linkage to treatment and following up of TB and HIV patient. Sanaa WALIPO seeks to recruit qualified individual to fill vacancy below
FINANCE MANAGER – Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi Tengeru
• Reports directly to Sanaa WALIPO Director
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and standards, including
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization risk profile
• Keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices and ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
• Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement) and data are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all cheque books, cheque list, petty cash, LPOs are maintained correctly
• Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAYE and pension are made on a timely basis.
• Manage banking, accounts and balances effectively and efficiently, including undertaking monthly bank reconciliations, foreign exchange management as and cash flow management in a timely manner.
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost- effective benefits package.
• Support management of donor funding and disbursements; and ensure acknowledgment of receipts and financial reporting is accurate, professional and timely.
• Contribute to annual/quarterly budget development and reporting for Sanaa WALIPO
• Ensure that Sanaa WALIPO is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation, returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
• Review financial statements and reports of partner organisations and grantees as required
• Provide financial advice/training as needed.
• Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis.
• Undertake periodic checks of assets and stores are done and prepare reports on the same for management.
• Prepare high quality financial reports including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis.
• Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit.
• Maintain well organized physical and electronic archive of financial documentation stretching back
• Honour’s Msc or Bachelor degree in Account, Finance or related field. Holder Professional of CPA/ACPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
• Must also have at least five years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
• Strong Accounting & Finance Background with very strong reporting capabilities
• Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details.
• Strong understanding of accounting processing systems including Management Information Systems (MIS) implementation capabilities
• Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic application is considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for.
The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline is 15th August 2019. Address to Sanaa WALIPO Director, Box 67, Duluti, Arusha