Executive Administrative Office
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New- born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancy.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancy based in Dar es Salaam office.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (1 POSITION- BASED IN DAR ES SALAAM)
REPORTS TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
To provide high level Executive Administration support to the County Director’s office; to the country programme, and support functions in a proactive and timely manner to ensure the comprehensive level of preparation required for them to fulfil their leadership and management responsibilities; through effective coordination, planning, office management; administration and logistics oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall oversight and management of the country director’s office
- Management of logistics: Responsible for overall execution of administrative and logistical activities pertaining to Amref’s country office which includes organizing of CD & staff travel issues; including the accommodation bookings, tickets, transfers and VISA.
- Communications and correspondence support: Reviews correspondence to the office, provides the relevant case history, prepares routine responses for the director or directs it to the most appropriate office. Handle routine responses to correspondence and communication (including letters, faxes, email, telephone etc)
- Support to Governance and leadership functions: Provide unparalleled logistical and administrative support to leadership and governance functions to respective Amref bodies that include but not limited to senior leadership teams, council and board, with high integrity and confidentiality.
- Planning: Coordinates the director’s calendar of events through communications to relevant offices both Internal and external. This includes annual planning as well as adhoc planning of activities.
- Asset stewardship: Facilitate and ensures all facilities and equipment are in order, insured and updated to avoid unnecessary inconveniences
- Organizing: Manage the execution of events under the director’s office including meetings, workshops and other work-related gathering.
- Reporting: In charge of preparation or processing and distribution of a variety of reports including minutes, monthly work reports and annual reports from the office as required
- Information Management: Develop and maintain relevant databases and filling system for optimal management of information and contacts.
- Liaisons: Liaises with both external and internal contacts in coordination with the director to ensure follow-up and execution of planned activities. Liase with Key suppliers of office equipment ensuring all necessary service are provided. Also, liaise with Amref collaborators, donors, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant
- Office Management: Maintaining the office inventory and stationary supplies and utility services maintenance
- Budget Control: Monitor the office budget and support its preparation as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Management.
- Degree in office management will be an added advantage
- Experience in office management and Administration in a busy environment.
- Potential candidates should be matured, possess high level skills and experience of supporting top management leadership
- Experience on handling high level leadership or management meetings and conferences
- Experience of working in International organizations, international NGOs and donor funded project environment
- Knowledge of modern office procedures
- Not less than five (5) years in providing high level executive and Administrative support
- Excellent communication Skills
- Report writing
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to operate modern office equipment
Letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours August 20,2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to:
Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy;
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.