Position: Manager – Engineering and Asset Management
Job Number: GGM-201 9-XRI-09
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Operations Manager
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar Es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
University Engineering Degree (Electrical or Mechanical) Or Tertiary Equivalent Qualification.
At least 7-10 years of direct hands-on experience in a relevant maintenance or service providing environment.
Contract management experience would be an advantage.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to assist the MD and operational managers deliver site targets by development and adoption of both maintenance and asset integrity strategies for all plant, equipment and infrastructure thereby delivering reliable and safe performance at the optimum life cycle cost to support the production plan in the long term. (This includes capital requirements).
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- The key output of this role is to lead both maintenance and asset integrity strategies for all plant, equipment and infrastructure thereby delivering reliable and safe performance at the optimum life cycle cost to support the production plan.
- You report directly to the Managing Director with a technical reporting line to the corporate head of function.
- You are required to form an integral part of both the Geita Gold mine Management and the AGA International Team.
Key areas of accountability for the role include:
Overall Engineering Discipline:
- This role is accountable to provide management support in terms of the overall engineering and management function across the site
- To serve as liaison and first point of contact for engineering and asset management in terms of implementation of strategies and initiatives from both the region and corporate teams.
- To ensure that all areas of engineering and asset management are staffed by suitable qualified and experience persons and that health of discipline is managed across the site.
- To liaise with external stakeholders and suppliers thereby ensuring that stakeholder expectations are managed and or complied with
- To liaise with all other departments and functions thereby ensuring that the engineering function both supports and integrates completely with the other functions from a cross functional perspective
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Manager – Engineering and Asset Management and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
Applicants shall be required to bring original certificates if contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Snr HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 21st August 2019 at 5:30 Pm . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.