The British Council, and Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development are issuing a Call for Proposals to support Mobility in and from Africa, specifically prioritising young artists and cultural practitioners from a range of African countries. Through this joint collaboration, we wish to assists in the professional growth and networking possibilities of emerging practitioners from Africa.
The Mobility Fund is aimed at artists and cultural professionals from the following African countries, who are looking to strengthen their cultural practice:
Botswana; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Eligible travel routes that would be supported include travel within the countries listed above as well as between the above listed African countries and countries listed in the DAC list.
Please also note, additional funding is available for people with disabilities and/or special needs.
- Emerging artists and cultural practitioners are encouraged to apply (individuals or those representing independent cultural/artistic organisations);
- Priority is given to young artists between 18 and 35 years of age; Special attention is given to women artists and LGBTQI+ community related projects.
- Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines including cultural capacity building are encouraged;
- Only applicants travelling from and holding passports of the following countries are eligible for funding: Botswana; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Destinations eligible are limited to all countries listed in the DAC list;
- If you are disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it difficult for you to travel (on your own) please let us know. In this case you may apply for an additional Access Grant. An Access Grant will contribute to the additional costs incurred as a result of your condition. Please ensure that you clearly state what your access needs are and include the additional costs in your budget requirement in section 3c of the application form. The size of the Access grant will be determined according to your requirements.
Types of Travel that are Supported
- Attendance at a meeting, festival, conference for the first time to expand professional networks;
- Attendance at capacity development training (e.g. workshops, talent development programmes)
- Participation in a local arts and culture scene followed by knowledge-sharing with local and/or international peers;
- Setting up new (experimental) cross-border partnerships for upcoming projects, particularly those in the preparation or development phase.
- The applicant must be the traveller personally and not a host organisation!
- Please download the application, fill it in and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a biography/Curriculum Vitae and an invitation letter from the inviting organization
- If granted, applicants must supply scanned copies of original travel receipts, accompanied by a signed digital version of a Narrative Report.
For More Information