Manager; Card Reconciliation
To ensure timely reconciliations, monitoring and analysis of all assigned accounts at the Head office and provide timely assistance, advice, monitor and support to branches on reconciliation of various accounts so as to minimize risks.
- Manage unit’s budgets for resources and ensure desired cost-effectiveness
- Ensure daily trend analytics and monitoring of NMB’s balance sheet items is conducted and mishaps are identified, escalated as per approved matrix and resolved.
- Interact with both internal and external auditors and when required and submit necessary statements. Work in tandem to achieve stated deliverables per audit engagement
- Safekeeping of reconciliation documents to ensure there is an audit trail.
- Support Operational Risk Department and other Departments/Branches by providing analytical reports and other crucial information in process of maintaining quality books of accounts.
- Ensure reconciliation analyst/officer submit daily, weekly and monthly reports for review and reconciliations purpose.
- Participate in projects/new products conception especially those affecting bank GL’s as may be deemed necessary.
- Follow-up on long outstanding in branch Visa, MasterCard and Union Pay items from respective originating branches and responding to branch to clear them.
- Support the regular reconciliation of General Ledger Balances with the Subsidiary Ledger (Class Summary) and follow up on any variances identified on card accounts through the supervision of the team.
- Support the Senior Manager Branch Operations and Controls/Senior Manager; Card Operations & Finance/ Head of Card Business and /or Chief Retail Banking by conducting reconciliations of any other accounts on request.
- Ensure assistance and support is given to branches on reconciliation matters.
- Provide advice to the Senior Manager Branch Operations and Controls/Senior Manager; Card Operations & Finance/ Head of Card Business and /or Chief Retail Banking, and other Account Owners or Reconcilers on matters relating to branch/head office card accounts and reconciliations.
- Participate, from time to time, in branch visits to raise control awareness and coach on compliance to the best practice as dictated by the governing policies and procedures.
- Leading and managing team’s performance.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business understanding of Card business and branch operations, and of Bank risks and controls.
- Technical: Numerate/financial analysis and technical report-writing
- Behavioral: Adaptability, analytical, building positive working relationships, good communication skills, facilitating change, Initiating action, Innovation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Banking, Economics or Commercial subjects with CPA (T) or ACCA
- At least 4 years’ experience in banking operations including card business
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.