Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Salary: 25,000,000.00TZ Annual Salary Gross
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract length: 7 Months
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 26 Aug 2019
Interview date: To be Communicated
Start date: September , 2019VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ideal person for this role is somebody who has a background in communications and Tanzania media contacts. Lead the communication and marketing of the Tanzania Local Enterprise Development (TLED) Project activities to its stakeholders, With a requirement to undertake stakeholder and marketing materials in order to make recommendations that can be developed into a communications plan for TLED Project to communicate cost effectively to both its internal and external stakeholders .If you are passionate about using your communication and training skills to demonstrate the positive change VSO has made in Tanzania, and keen to travel the country, in order to visit the project in Regions, you are the ideal candidate!
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in communications, social sciences or related field, a master’s degree will be an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of communications with a reputable organization.
- Experience in developing communication materials including documentaries, success stories, press release, newsletters – abiding to high quality standards
- Strong interpersonal relationship development as well as ability to develop effective networks including with high profile audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences
- Sensitive to gender issues and the treatment of women and must believe women and men are equal.
- Excellent coordination, planning and time management skills with experience working under pressure.
- Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need or issue. Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Ability to be flexible; adaptable to change; and creative
- Able to travel and work away from home up to 40% of the time.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications, and If you wont hear from us in 2 weeks after advert Closed consider that your application is unsuccessfully. only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).