JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT -22/08/2019
TOKKIUKI (Tokomeza Kifua Kikuu,Ukoma na UKIMWI Kinondoni) is a
Community Based Organization (CBO) registered since 2011 and got registration
certificate number S.A.17285 under Ministry of Home Affairs and later in 2013 got
compliance through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender,
Elderly and Children-MoHCGEC, under the certificate number 00001549.
TOKKIUKI started to implement its activities since 2008 which directly focused on
educating, sensitizing, monitoring on TB/HIV related activities at the community
level. TOKKIUKI is located in Kinondoni district, focused on serving the
Tanzanians, especialy those infected by tuberculosis (TB) and/or HIV/AIDS.It
provides contact investivation (CI), active case finding (ACF), and health education
services to their community. Presently, TOKKIUKI has 79 active members
representing 34 different wards of Kinondoni and Ubungo Municipal Council in Dar
To control and elimintate Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS among Kinondon/Ubungo
communities by 2030.
To join forces with other health stakeholders in mobilizing, educating, monitoring,
managing and notifying new patients of Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS in the
Fixed term contract, Location in
Kinondoni-Dar es salaam
Purpose of the job
In the position of the deputy director, you are responsible for planning, designing,
overseeing and following up of all technical areas under the TB and all other project
activities carried out under the TOKKIUKI Tanzania office.
You will identify and document technically sound, cost-effective, and practical
approaches to enhance TB control that are consistent with Government of Tanzania
policies and priorities. You solicit and utilize necessary short-term technical advisers,
both local and international as needed and as approved in the work plan/budget. You
will provide day-to-day supervision to in-country TOKKIUKI staff from consortium
You will also act as the deputy country representative and represent the
county representative during her/his absence on request.
You will work in very close collaboration with other USAID funded projects and
other partners to harmonize activities.
As Deputy Director /Technical Lead you will:
Reports directly to the TOKKIUKI Director
- Lead and supervise the TOKKIUKI team as per organogram to carry out all activities as per the approved workplan and budget.
- Advice TB control stakeholders at national and regional level in all areas of TB control Identify bottlenecks in TB control in the project supported regions and proposes technically sound, cost-effective, and practical approaches to address them
- Identify opportunities to improve TB control at national level, Regional and at the District level
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and tools for regional TB control
- Supervise directly the administrative and logistics to ensure overall implementation of TOKKIUKI in line with USAID rules and regulations
- Work with Director in the development of annual work plans, budgets,monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Coordinate and work closely with NTLP, CHMT RHMT and Community leaders and other related TB stakeholders.
- Ensure timely Data collection, analysis and submission of key reports including monthly, quarterly annual reports for submission to key partners and supporters.
- Support field sites in the fulfilment of their duties according to program design
- Ensure regular document forum/meeting for all key staff and partners to plan, discuss and review the progress of TOKKIUKI
- People, project, finance and quality management
- Enhance and anchor the in-depth knowledge of TB technical areas
- Contribute to the development of the work plan and implements with the team the outlined project activities
- Plan, coordinate and check the activities and deadlines of the technical team
- Monitor the project performance according to the M&E plan
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to the TOKKIUKI Director
- Supervise and approve of the budgets as per approved work plan and budget.
- Knowledge management
- Identify areas for crosscutting collaboration with national and regional partners
- Identify knowledge gaps in the team and initiates and guides further capacity building of the team
- Actively share knowledge with national and regional TB control program
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB control areas.
- A degree in Medicine, sociology, master’s degree in public health is an added advantage.
- Experience and skills:
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management with experience managing projects.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in TB control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in teaching and capacity building
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- The ability to organize and prioritize with an eye for detail.
Application and Information
You can apply for the above positions by submitting your CV, including a
motivation letter and 3 professional references, via email; email@example.com
before 4 th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women and
people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through +255 766 925715 or
+255 719 381731. Address to TOKKIUKI Director, P.O Box 6587 Dar es salaam.