Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority [MUWSA] is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of wastewater in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro. MUWSA is looking for dynamic, results driven individual to fill in the post of Software Developer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop Software on given requirements.
- To design algorithms and flowcharts of various applications.
- To produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- To integrate software components and third-party programs.
- To verify and deploy programs and systems.
- To troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software as necessary.
- To gather and evaluate user feedback.
- To recommend and execute improvements.
- To create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- To test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Should have not less than three years proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role.
- Should not be 45 years of age at the time of lodging this application.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases (ie. Microsoft SQL Server [Required), Postgre SQL, Mongo DB, Maria DB, Oracle) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (eg. Hibernate)
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile application development.
- Development of offline application functionalities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and perform multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Knowledge of various open sources.
A successful candidate will be receiving well motivating and attractive salary and other benefits. This will be shown in the invitation letters for the short-listed applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit their applications with reliable contacts [to include emails and day time working telephone) together with Curriculum Vitae, applicants’ recent passport size and copies of certified relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three [3) referees to:
The Managing Director,
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority [MUWSA],
P.O Box 1001,
Closing date for receiving applications is September 15, 2019 at 4:00pm.
Only short-listed applicants will be contact for the interview.