Graphic Design and Photography Assistant
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint a Graphic Design and Photography Assistant to positively impact the marketing and fundraising efforts of The School of St Jude by assisting with the creation of compelling and creative graphic design and photographic collateral.
- Develop weekly and monthly personal work plans in consultation with the Graphic Designer and/or Head of Marketing.
- Assist with the development of the annual work schedules and timelines.
- Implement the school’s visual brand guidelines and support the refinement of the school’s visual identity.
- Implement the school’s editorial policy when creating communications materials, photographs, videos and multimedia content.
- Work with the Beyond St Jude’s team and secondary leaders, provide information for students concerning financial aid, loans, grants, sponsorship programmes, scholarships etc.
- Graphic Design
- Assist with the creation of visual concepts for communications materials to meet the marketing and communications requirements of all business office and academic departments as directed by the Graphic Designer.
- Produce communications materials and graphics content for online and social media as directed by the Graphic Designer.
- Deliver photography and videography tasks allocated by the Graphic Designer and/or Head of Marketing including attending academic excursions, school assemblies, school celebration events and Beyond St Jude’s monitoring visits.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to take photos and videos of interesting classes, professional development activities, presentations, performances, excursions, school assemblies, sponsors, donors and visitors at the school and in the wider community.
- Interview students, staff, sponsors, donors and visitors as required for the production of video and audio recordings.
- Edit, label, resize, sort and file digital images and video logically and within set timeframes.
- Maintain, keep secure, track and record all photography and videography-related equipment in accordance with the IT/photography equipment responsibility agreement.
- Ensure all allocated tasks for photography, videos and graphic design are completed within set timeframes.
- Monitoring and Review
- Track, monitor and record progress of the production of graphic design and photography/videography tasks.
- Participate in Procedure Manual review annually in October as directed by the Head of Marketing.
- Continuous Improvement
- Keep up to date with trends in design, photography and videography, making recommendations for relevant revenue generating initiatives.
- Look to develop new and innovative ideas to engage sponsors and improve marketing materials.
- Seek ways to improve processes, procedures and marketing practices.
- In collaboration with immediate supervisor and manager, implement agreed improvements.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission-related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of Certificate qualification in graphic design or photography/ videography.
- Experience in Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition, MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of HTML and PremierePro desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in using visual brand guidelines to create persuasive communications desirable,
- Experience in digital photography, videography and multimedia production.
- Attention to detail and ability to spell accurately.
- Willingness to be supervised or mentored and respond to feedback.
- Good organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent by 6th September, 2019.
SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER: REF: TSOSJ/HR/ADMIN/C&SD/03/19
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED