Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for Management Members for the following role:
LOGISTICS MANAGER- Dar es Salaam
The Logistics Manager is a key member of the procurement and logistics team. The main focus of the post is to manage and coordinate processes that will deliver quality MST logistical operations function smoothly and efficiently, meeting the needs of its clients. MST’s Logistics Manager is responsible for: transportation; warehousing; security; asset management and ensuring structures are in place to monitor and manage the flow of goods and supplies through the organisation. The Logistics Manager is required to work closely with MST’s Finance, Operations, Project and Field teams. The Logistics Manager ensures that MSI Global Partnership best-practice policies are adhered to.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- To manage the implementation and application of the best practice of stock management & stock control to ensure MST stores management is in line with MSI Global Partnership standards and best-practice, and that stores systems ensure efficiency of stored goods and supplies;
- On monthly basis review monthly stock status reports and stock utilization as documented by various data sources (including CLIC and Inflow systems), investigate any significant variances and recommended action to be taken;
- Minimize stock write-offs close to expired stock managed either donated to MoH or transferred to other MST centres;
- Work with the procurement, outreach and clinics team, prepare and maintain the medicine ordering calendar, receive, and compile quarterly medicine and medical supplies requests from field to ensure proper approvals and timely ordering and supply;
- Advise Executive Team on appropriate health and security systems and guidelines and provide/organise training where appropriate on health and security including fire safety and evacuation plans;
- Manage security company contracts and effect monthly payment a when suppliers meet their contractual obligations;
- Report monthly to Executive Team on health and safety issues / incidences that have arisen in liaison with Outreach Lead and Zonal Coordinators;
- Maintain records and inventory of all MST property for the Support Office and field;
- Set up projects based asset/equipment inventories in collaboration with projects team and finance;
- Order and dispatch stationery, medical equipment and FP commodities for centres and outreach on quarterly basis.
- Degree in Procurement and Logistics / Supply Chain Management or equivalent;
- Registered by the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB).
Skills and Experience:
- 3 years experience in stores and logistics management in a large organisation (NGO or commercial sector);
- Demonstrable experience of a range in logistics and stores activities including, but not limited to: stores, logistics and security;
- Demonstrable computer skills particularly Word, Excel and stock management computer programmes;
- Knowledge of donor related compliances & regulations (e.g., DFID, USAID);
- Pharmacological experience, knowledge of medicine and pharmacy management;
- Past experience or training in transportation management and security issues;
- Proven ability to train and develop others;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Able to manage and motivate team members to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change;
- Effective Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Effective leadership and management skills.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780