Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for Management Members for the following role:
PROJECTS LEAD– Dar es Salaam
The Projects Lead is a key member of the senior management team and is responsible for identifying and facilitating the development of donor funded grant opportunities/proposals. S/he is also responsible for managing the compliance of all donor funded grants implemented by MST. Projects Lead works closely with the project managers and the Health Services Department to coordinate, monitor and facilitate the activities of all donor funded activities ensuring that the projects contribute towards the achievement of the MST mission. The Projects Lead reports to the Director of Health Services and directly supervises the project managers. He/she represents MST externally as requested by Director of Health Services.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in national business development and expansion, and coordinate the annual business planning process for Projects Team; participate in development of strategic initiatives/plans;
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with potential donors and other stakeholders working in the area of Family Planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health;
- In close collaboration with relevant MST teams, London-based and regional business development staff lead and coordinate the proposal development process to produce high quality, well researched, and appropriate project designs, implementation plans, management structures and budgets;
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure equitable allocation within the team of various project portfolios; including activities management and implementation;
- Lead, direct and be accountable for projects, including finance and programmatic operations; in collaboration with the respective teams coordinate planning and budgeting of projects’ activities; ensure project reports meet the required donor and national standards and are delivered according to plans;
- In collaboration with the Research Lead assist in the design and roll out of Research, M&E activities to support evidence-based decision-making in the programme;
- Ensure standard quarterly, annually and other ad hoc reports that are required for management decision making, donor reporting and proposal development;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective monitoring and evaluation systems, that inform as to core business performance, and effectively track specific project performance and impact indicators;
- Identify opportunities for corporate/business partnerships that will contribute to the organization’s mission and goal;
- Ensure that all members of Projects Team are performance managed i.e. have annual KPIs set, performance review conducted on regular basis and feedback provided.
- Masters Degree in Project Management / Health Science / Social Science / Public Health / International Development Management or related field;
- Knowledge of Clinical Health, Community Outreach, Family Planning and Social Marketing will be added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a management position, preferably in the health management, family planning, community development, and/or social marketing industry;
- 5 years of experience managing multi-tiered management structures of medical professionals, health outreach teams, social marketing, M&E, and/or project development teams;
- 5 years of experience of managing donor funded project cycles including technical and financial components;
- 3 years of experience participating and/or leading proposal development processes including project design, management design and budget development;
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change;
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision;
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas & concepts;
- Effective Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Effective leadership and management skills
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780