TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry’ of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and suitably is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the roads network maintenance and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA is looking for suitable qualified Tanzania candidates for 7posts available on renewable contract terms at Sirari and Rubana Weighbridge Stations in Mara Region, Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIGE OPERATORS ( 5 POSTS).
Key qualification for the Weighbridge Operator:
- Holder of full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC);
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Not above 35years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Weighbridge Operator.
The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
- Carrying out activities as described in the road Traffic (maximum weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following;
- Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3,500kg plying on our public Roads.
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporter for provision od relevant advice.
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift in-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge/Regional Manager;
According to TANROADS Salary Scale: TRS 4.1
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable n. contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate;
- Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his respective employers; HI. An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
Deadline for application is Monday 2 September. 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview^ and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
A signed application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 81,
Tell +255 28 2623003, +255 28 2623001
Fax: +255 28 2623039