Hie Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), an Agency of the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication has allocated funds in the Financial Year 2019/2020 towards the costs for Upgrading of Musoma-Makojo-Busekela road (92km), Lot 1: Kusenyi-Suguti Section (5km) to bitumen standard. TANROADS Regional Manager, Mara now intends to apply part of the proceeds to cover eligible payments for the short term Contracts for an individual staff Highway Engineer, Material Engineer and Personal Secretary for the supervision of project. The TANROADS is therefore looking for dynamic, motivated, creative and open minded Highway Engineer, Material Engineer and Personal Secretary. The duration of assignment is approximately one year
TANROADS invites competent, experienced, highly organized and self-motivated to fill three vacant posts mentioned below;
POSITION TITLE: MATERIAL ENGINEER (1 POST).
Key qualification for the Material Engineer:
- Holder of Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institutions. Postgraduate qualification in Geotechnical or Material Engineering is added advantage;
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer;
- Must be fluent in both w-ritten and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages.
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen.
- Not above 45 years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Material Engineer.
- Inspect, test and approve all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements;
- Ensuring the environmental management plan are adhere too during the extraction of materials at the borrow^ pits;
- Keep updated all records including reports, works diaries, correspondence, instructions given to contractor(s), test records all other relevant documents pertaining to the works operations and supervision contracts;
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Project Manager.
She/he must have a minimum of (5) years of cumulative experience related to road/bridge design and Construction. She/he must have served in a similar capacity on at least two (2) years for Construction of bituminous roads of similar magnitude and complexity in the last 5 years.
According to TANROADS Salary Scale: TRS 7.1
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable n. contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate;
- Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his respective employers; HI. An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
Deadline for application is Monday 2 September. 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview^ and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
A signed application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 81,
Tell +255 28 2623003, +255 28 2623001
Fax: +255 28 2623039