Position: Finance Assistant
Posted by: Baylor Tanzania
Posted date: 2019-Aug-27
Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Mbeya- Tanzania
The Finance Assistant provides day to day financial support to the Baylor- Tanzania staff and financial record management in the Finance Department at SHZ COE office. The Finance Assistant provides functional financial management support to Finance Officer and Senior Finance Officer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage petty cash register including processing approved petty cash requests, reconciliation of petty cash balances as required.
- Prepare payment requests, ensure completeness of supporting documents and coordinate approvals from authorized personnel.
- Prepare checks, check lists and bank transfers forms (where applicable) for authorization by authorized personnel.
- Provide initial review of payments requests or advance requests prepared by requestors for completeness and accuracy before recording to the cashbook register.
- Verify and provide confirmation and advance outstanding for cash advance requests received before processing.
- Manage cashbook registers (in both Excel and QuickBooks) for all bank accounts and monitor cash balances before processing payments.
- Distribute cash to training or meeting participants or any other stakeholders participating Baylor – Tanzania activities where direct transfer to individual participants is not applicable.
FACILITATE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT
- Issue official cash receipts for all cash paid to Baylor – Tanzania in cash or directly deposited to Baylor – Tanzania bank account.
- Facilitate petty cash counts, petty cash replenishment and petty reconciliation as required.
- Maintain updated, organized, secure filling and storage of financial documents including follow-up of any identified incomplete information for documentation
- Coordinate collection of travel and program advance reconciliation for review and approval.
- Maintain register of check books for all bank accounts and safe keeping of all used checkbooks.
- Maintain register of unused receipts books and safe keeping of all used receipt books.
- Ensure that approval invoices, payment requests, advance requests and journal entries are promptly accurately posted onto the financial system (QuickBooks).
- In liaison with the finance officer, complete claim for refund of VAT form ITX262.02.E at a regular interval for all transactions that Baylor – Tanzania has paid VAT upfront.
In liaison with the finance officer prepare journal entries for posting transactions or adjusting transactions in accounting system.
Post approved journal entries in the accounting system.
LIAISON WITH EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS
Facilitate bank transactions including cash withdrawals, cash deposits, check deposits to Baylor – Tanzania bank accounts or any other bank, collection of bank statements, facilitate official communication between Baylor – Tanzania and bank(s) including follow up of any outstanding matters as may arise.
OTHER FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Provide other support as needed to the Finance Officer, Finance Manager or Zonal Program Manager.
- Minimum academic qualifications: Advanced Diploma from a recognized institution; B.com degree (Accounting option) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience and exposure of at least 3 years in a busy accounting office.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Analytical skills and team work spirit
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to organize and prioritize own work.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office, and accounting packages.
Knowledge and experience of preparing accountabilities for funds granted.
Previous experience in an NGO sector.
How to apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, Apply in confidence by submitting an application letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information for three referees.
Application should reach Baylor – Tanzania not later than September 16th, 2019.
The Executive Director, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s
Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 2663, Mbeya Tanzania