3 Senior Specialist; Solution Architects
Reporting Line: Head; Innovation and Development
In charge of leading the practice and introducing the overall technical vision for a particular solution that is intended to address specific business needs, requirements or problems.
The solution architect works in a unit which aims to ensure there is a clear process of developing solutions based on predefined processes, guidelines and best practices
- Play a leading role in setting the architecture and design for current /new emerging bank products and technological solutions.
- Ensure there is a clear system requirement (technical) for all products/solutions.
- Ensure sign-off of solution design or solution architect.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability.
- Propose an implementation mode e.g. vendor, internal development (allocate the priority for internal developers with the hybrid, off the shelf RFI /RFP guidance – to be presented at the solution design committee.
- Provide accurate development effort estimates for solutions designed by vendors and internal development team
- Provide detailed system specification documents, map business requirements to optimal systems requirements; produce detailed functional/configuration designs/specifications and data architecture to match solution design specifications
- Define application problems by discussing solutions with the IT team on evaluating procedures and processes.
- Ensure there are controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers/internal developers.
- Validate results by testing programs, Innovation lab and product owners/solution owner’s.
- Prepare Scrum artifacts including; product backlog, spring backlog, and increments.
- Following the scrum methodology to ensure all digital initiatives are implemented in an agile manner
- Regular update the sprints documents and ensure stakeholders have been informed accordingly.
- Coordinate efforts / activities of all scrum team involved in each implementation
- Coordinate System Administration training on the new platforms/systems that have been implemented.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and reconciliation process.
Knowledge and Skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation; Innovative and creative
- Business analysis; Ability to develop prototype
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- An interest in multiple disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- Ability to conceptualize and systematically work through projects in accordance with a structured methodology; Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels; Strong planning, organization and documentation skills
- Ability to act as a project “driver”, facilitating the achievement of required tasks
- Ability to work effectively within a team; Coaching, leading and motivating skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field in Computer Science
- TOGAF or ArchiMate certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise architecture, System analyst, Technology Project Management, Software development or Scrum master
- Experience in IT projects or System Analyst in finance/banking industry will be an added advantage
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.