And Beyond Tanzania Ltd is a multinational ecotourism company owning and running a group of exclusive luxury lodges and camps in Tanzania’s northern circuit and in Zanzibar. AndBeyond is built, almost entirely, on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their roles, work tirelessly, have the guest experience at the core of their focus daily and care of the sustainability of our communities and environment. Every single ‘& Beyonder’ makes a huge difference to our success and our contribution to the world, regardless of their role or function. For this reason we choose & Beyonders’ very carefully – they are the strength and the future of this company. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Position Title : General Manager Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Location : Ngorongoro Crater Lodge (located inside Ngorongoro Conservation Area).
- Relationship building – with – staff, guests, governmental departments, the community, the industry (agents and other lodges),
- Development – working with the Africa Foundation in community development, proactive wildlife conservation in the NCAA and the people within the organization
- Business efficiencies – cost control, local produce, quality of product
- HR structure – maintaining and enhancing – understanding and adherence
- Product development on guest experience – lodge, food, game experience, all guest touch points
- Engaging – with the people, the culture, the work style, the expectation
- Regular assessment of the functionality, efficiency and strength of all operational equipment, vehicles, generators and buildings
- Overall responsibility for the effective management and running of Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
- To ensure the lodge and brand are taken to the next level of service standards.
- Overall Responsibility for budget creation and management. CAPEX structuring and planning responsibility.
- Overall Day to Day Management of the Lodge, including North Camp, South Camp, Tree Camp and all the back of house departments
- Daily meeting with Assistant Lodge Manager and Heads of Department to discuss the daily plan, including arrivals, departures, maintenance, food, special requests, bush banqueting
- Create strategy for guest delight, staff welfare, health and safety and training. Ensure plan is implemented and managed throughout the year
- Create annual and monthly training plan for all departments and structure external training and exchanges with other lodges where possible
- Create and maintain skills development plan
- Creating an environment where the & Beyond Golden Thread is continuously met and visible throughout the daily functioning of the lodge
- Overall responsibility for all human resources in the lodge, ensuring all labour relations, leave and medical funds are managed correctly
- Work with Executive chef to ensure menu and food are aligned to lodge quality standards and food budgets are being met and monitored
- Structure and equipment – assessing, planning, budgeting and repair of all buildings and equipment
- Work directly with the head of housekeeping, head butler, camp managers and Lodge Manager to ensure & Beyond Lodge and Service standards are maintained at all times and ensure costs and budgets are managed and not exceeded.
- Mentoring and coaching HOD’s and junior managers
- Hosting all Agents and Media and VIP Groups
- Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world-class guest experience and the ability to provide that experience.
- Aware, evolved, energetic, compassionate, respectable, good communication and a strong leader.
- Lateral thinking ability
- Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with staff and guests
- Attention to detail
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
- Computer and financial skills
- At least 5 years Management Experience in a 5 star operation
- Strong financial capabilities
- Experience in the service industry especially in dealing with guests and staff
- Previous experience in running a five star operation with over 40 beds
- At least 5 years Management Experience in East Africa
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management
Job application procedure
Application deadline 10th September, 2019.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Regional Human Resource Manager
andBeyond Tanzania Ltd
Haile Sailse Road, Uzunguni Area,
P.O BOX 751,