Project Officer – Mofa Project
Purpose of the position:
Project Officer will implement field activities designed in MoFA Japan grant project and provide technical support through periodic monitoring. In order to proceed the project smoothly, based at the Mkinga AP office, the staff will engage in constant communication with the target community while cooperating with relevant stakeholders including local partners. The staff is responsible for reporting the progress of the activities to her/his supervisor, Program Coordinator, in a timely manner
- Implement filed activities according to the designed plan in coordination with project staff and community volunteers.
- Monitor the project sites periodically and provide technical support for the community as necessary
- Assist the Program Coordinator by making timely report and documentation on the progress of field activities as well as asking for advice.
- Build a good relationship with the community to find out problems/needs in the field.
- Collect and provide necessary information requested by other project staff (Project Accountant, Engineer etc.)
- Assess possible/existing risks of field activities and share them with the Project Coordinator.
- Build network with other local partners such as the local government.
- Good in time management
- Report writing skill
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- BA/BSc Degree in Agric. Econ., Sociology, Psychology & related field
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Preferred: MA/MSc Degree in Agric. Econ., Sociology, Psychology & related field
- Technical Training qualifications required: on Participatory Program and Project Designing, Monitoring and Evaluation Experience: 2 years of experience in foreign government grant project
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
Apply before 11 September 2019