Teacher Training and Coaching Specialist
Chemonics seeks a teacher training and coaching specialist for the anticipated USAID Arithmetic and Inclusive Education activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to acquire technical assistance and instructional materials and student aids targeted at improving lifelong learning skills and increasing the inclusivity of primary education, specifically focusing on arithmetic for all students in Standards 1-2. The teacher training and coaching specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing teacher training activities. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Manages training activities for teachers and education officials at the primary education level on nationally-approved arithmetic teacher training modules;
Leads the creation and adaptation of teaching and learning training materials for children with disabilities;
Coordinates with regional and district government counterparts to assess, adapt, and delivery trainings to education professionals.
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in education or relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience developing and managing teacher education activities;
- Knowledge of the Tanzania education system;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Experience working in East Africa highly desired;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Apply online by Monday, September 9, 2019. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted. (Remember to select the job your applying for on the Chemonics Online Application form)