Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for Management Members for the following roles:
GENDER EQUALITY ADVISOR – Dar es Salaam
The Gender Equality Advisor (The Advisor) will be a key member of the Health Services team and will be responsible for the promotion and integration of gender awareness and gender equality within MST and its programming. S/he will support MST to promote and prioritise gender equality and female empowerment in its delivery of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services throughout Tanzania.
The Advisor will shape MST’s awareness raising and service delivery strategy, activities and resources to ensure that accessible information is provided to young people, women, men, their families and the local community to facilitate safe access to SRH care from MST. S/he will also help to increase community awareness of gender equality and SRH among young people and women, by establishing strong linkages and fostering collaboration between MST and other development partners, civil society organizations (CSOs), influential actors, local leaders and Community based organisations (CBOs) community groups within MST’s areas of work.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Gender Equality Activities’ Design, Planning, Budgeting, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Gender Equality Advice and Support
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Engagement in MST Gender Equality Advocacy activities:
- MST’s representative within the community and among stakeholders:
- Degree in Social Sciences (e.g. Gender & Development, Project Management, Development Studies or equivalent qualification). Master’s degree in the related field will be an added advantage;
- 5 years hands- on experience in advocacy for gender issues and evidence-based results in gender analysis and mainstreaming especially in institutions which deal with health services provision;
- Significant experience of working with gender issues is required with some experience in relevant socio- economic and gender analysis frameworks including working with youths, women and their groups;
- Strong ability to design, implement and evaluate gender mainstreaming options for promoting accessibility of SRH services for women and adolescents;
- 5 years’ experience in participating and/ or engaging in research, monitoring and evaluation activities with strong experience of designing/ overseeing M&E design for gender / monitoring gender indicators;
- Strong experience in designing, adapting and facilitating training for adults and developing Training of Trainers to roll out training across MST;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent lobbying and advocacy skills;
- Ability to motivate teams;
- Excellent oral, written and mutli-media communication skills in English and Swahili;
- IT literate- strong competency in MS office applications.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday September 13, 2019 COB.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.